Monday, August 15, 2011

Mailbox Monday: August 15, 2011


Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia at The Printed Page, is being hosted this month by Staci at Life in the Thumb. If you'd like to join in, stop by Staci's and leave a link - or just browse through the comments to see what new books have been showing up.

What's in your mailbox?

This is actually 2 weeks worth of mailbox love
 -- I was away from home last week and didn't post.

CARRY YOURSELF BACK TO ME
by Deborah Reed

For review in September.








For review (with a giveaway!)







MAMAN'S HOMESICK PIE:
A Persian Heart in an American Kitchen
by Donia Bijan

A very welcome surprise from Algonquin.






For review from Algonquin.







THE STRANGER YOU SEEK
by Amanda Kyle Williams


For review.








A win from Lori at





POSSUM SUMMER
by Jen K. Blom

A win from From the Mixed Up Files . . .

The book was part of a prize pack which included personalized Lookbook (just like P!) and an Awesome Possum t-shirt! My niece's birthday is just around the corner, and these will be a sweet surprise!



A win from Kathy at





DAUGHTER OF WINTER
by Pat Lowery Collins

A win from Victoria at Historical Fiction Review





And a couple of purchases . . .


















Thank you to all the wonderful authors, publicists, publishers, and bloggers
 who fed my mailbox over the last couple of weeks. It's greatly appreciated!

11 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Oh my gosh! Some really great books there!!!

First - "Wildflower Hill" - the cover is adorable! and a giveaway?? YAY!

"The One That I Want" by Allison Winn Scotch - I read "Time of my Life" and while it did blow be away, I did like it, it will be interesting what you think of this book.

"Yankee Doodle Dixie" by Lisa Patton - This is the book I am really excited about! I read "Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'easter" and loved it! Her latest book is on my wish list and again I can't wait to read what you think.

Thanks for sharing all these future books with us!

Wall-to-wall books said...

Oh and forgot to mention - I read "Mrs Tom Thumb" and found it to be very interesting!!!

Andrea said...

Great mailbox!I read Alice I Have Been a while ago and I have The One That I Want on my WL!

Here's my Mailbox

Mystica said...

What a beautiful selection of books. Each one better than the last! Enjoy the week.

bermudaonion said...

You had a great week! I bought The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb the week it came out and haven't had a chance to read it yet. I hope you love all of your new books.

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

All of your titles sound good to me. The Taste of Salt has me curious! It was in quite a few mailboxes this week. I love the cover on Wildflower Hill. It is really beautiful! I think many of your books will be going on my wish list! Gotta love MM!

Zibilee said...

I just finished Wildflower Hill and thought it was pretty good. I do hope that you like it, and can't wait to see what you think. Lots of great books in this mailbox!

ImageNations said...

Haven't heard of any of these and would have skipped them in a bookshop. Looking forward to their reviews.

Amanda said...

What a great Mailbox Monday list! I love the cover of The Taste of Salt, so pretty! I've also been wanting to read Alice I Have Been. Awesome!

Julie said...

Oh, my gosh! I'm seriously jealous of this mailbox! Alice I Have Been, The One That I Want, The Taste of Salt - all on my wishlist! I DID read the eGalley of Wildflower Hill (review going up soon) - I think it's one that you'll like quite well! Enjoy all of the wonderful new reads!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful selection of books. There isn't one in this batch that doesn't look like a good read. You should enjoy.