Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday Finds: LIKE MAYFLIES IN A STREAM by Shauna Roberts


FRIDAY FINDS is hosted by Miz B
at Should Be Reading.
What great books did you hear about / discover this past week?
Share with us your FRIDAY FINDS!


Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books.com has posted a very interesting interview with Shauna Roberts, author of LIKE MAYFLIES IN A STREAM. I love Mesopotamian history, so I'm really eager to read this one!




About the book (from the publisher):
In the great city of Uruk, there is no peace when Gilgamesh is restless, and he is never at rest. Shamhat, a priestess of Inanna, goes into the wilderness to find and civilize a match for Uruk's violently active God-King. Like Mayflies in a Stream brings new life to the Epic of Gilgamesh, diving into one of the earliest conflicts between civilization and wilderness, civic order and freedom, romance and sexuality. A book of the Hadley Rille Books Archaeology Series.

Click here to visit the author's website.

Addendum:  I just found out that Shauna Roberts has a guest post at Book Faery Reviews (and a giveaway). Click here to check it out.

5 comments:

Darlene said...

I don't think I've ever read any Mesopotamian history but this sure sounds interesting.

Booklogged said...

Did I already tell you that there's an award waiting for you on my blog, A Reader's Journal? I seem to be loosing track of what I've done and not done lately.

Book Bird Dog said...

I like books on archaeology. Must look into this series.

Zibilee said...

I think this book sounds really interesting. I don't know much about Mesopotamian history or Gilgamesh, so I think this would be a great read. Thanks so much for the head up on this book. I am off to check out the interview.

Shauna Roberts said...

Thanks for the shout out, Gwendolyn. When will your review appear?