Saturday, January 2, 2010

Challenge: The Memorable Memoir Reading Challenge 2010



All I can say is, thank goodness so many challenges allow overlapping! I just can't resist signing up for this one. Melissa from The Betty and Boo Chronicles is hosting The Memorable Memoir Challenge. I'm sure to be reading at least half a dozen memoirs this year, so I signed up as soon as I heard about this one.

Want to join the fun? Here are the details copied directly from the sign-up post:

1. The Memorable Memoir Challenge will be hosted here on The Betty and Boo Chronicles.

2. The challenge will run from January 1, 2010 - December 31, 2010. You're welcome to join anytime.

3. Memoirs, letters, diaries, and autobiographies count as reads for this challenge. (Basically, if you think it is the stuff of memoir, it counts.)

4. Overlaps with other challenges are allowed. Audiobooks and e-books are also allowed.

5. Participants are encouraged to read at least 4 memoirs/diaries/letters/autobiography books in 2010. Of course, more are fine!

6. You're not required to make a list, but if you'd like to do so, I'd love your ideas and suggestions! I'll do a separate post with some thoughts, and will compile yours too. (Just leave them in the comments.)

7. If you'd like to join, simply sign up by using MckLinky below. If you want to do a special sign-up post on your blog, feel free ... but just the url of your blog is fine.

8. Feel free to grab the button (and join me in thanking the lovely and talented Florinda of The 3Rs Blog for making this gorgeous button for this challenge!)

I'll be listing my reading choices right below:

1. DOWN THE NILE by Rosemary Mahoney
2. MY PAPER CHASE by Harold Evans
3. UNDRESS ME IN THE TEMPLE OF HEAVEN by Susan Jane Gilman
4. SOMETHING LIKE BEAUTIFUL by Asha Bandele
5. BAD BLOOD by Lorna Sage
6. THE GIRL FROM FOREIGN by Sadia Shepard

Thanks, Melissa!

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm a memoir junkie, so I'm doing this one too. Good luck!

Melissa said...

Thank YOU for joining! It should be a fun challenge ... I'm really looking forward to it!

Darlene said...

Good luck with this one Gwendolyn. That sure is a pretty button.