Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday: THE GIRL WHO CHASED THE MOON by Sarah Addison Allen


I just recently finished reading THE SUGAR QUEEN by Sarah Addison Allen, otherwise, I wouldn't be torturing you or myself by showcasing this week's Waiting on Wednesday choice -- which won't be published until sometime next spring! But don't think of it as torture -- think of it as reassurance that our most favorite and beloved authors are hard at work producing next year's favorite reads!


THE GIRL WHO CHASED THE MOON
by Sarah Addison Allen

Publisher: Random House
Category:
Fiction - Contemporary Women
Format: eBook, 304 pages
On Sale: March 16, 2010
Price: $25.00
ISBN: 978-0-553-90654-7 (0-553-90654-2)


About this book (from the publisher):
In her latest enchanting novel, New York Times bestelling author Sarah Addison Allen invites you to a quirky little Southern town with more magic than a full Carolina moon. Here two very different women discover how to find their place in the world…no matter how out of place they feel. Emily Benedict came to Mullaby, North Carolina, hoping to solve at least some of the riddles surrounding her mother’s life. For instance, why did Dulcie Shelby leave her hometown so suddenly? Why did she vow never to return? But the moment Emily enters the house where her mother grew up and meets the grandfather she never knew—a reclusive, real-life gentle giant—she realizes that mysteries aren’t solved in Mullaby, they’re a way of life. Here are rooms where the wallpaper changes to suit your mood. Unexplained lights skip across the yard at midnight. And a neighbor bakes hope in the form of cakes. Everyone in Mullaby adores Julia Winterson’s cakes. She offers them to satisfy the town’s sweet tooth and in the hope of bringing back the love she fears she’s lost forever. In Julia, Emily may have found a link to her mother’s past. But why is everyone trying to discourage Emily’s growing relationship with the handsome and mysterious son of Mullaby’s most prominent family? Emily came to Mullaby to get answers, but all she’s found so far are more questions.Is there really a ghost dancing in her backyard? Can a cake really bring back a lost love? In this town of lovable misfits, maybe the right answer is the one that just feels…different.



"WAITING ON WEDNESDAY"
is hosted byJill from
Breaking the Spine.
Join in and tell us . . .

What are you waiting for?

12 comments:

Missy B. said...

Oh good! I still haven't read The Sugar Queen OR Garden Spells. I need to catch up. The Girl Who Chased The Moon doesn't even show up on Amazon yet...how can I add it to my wish list?

Missy B. said...

Whoops! Never mind...I found it on Amazon and added it to my list. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Passages to the Past said...

I'm with Missy - I have both of the other novels, but have yet had a chance to read them yet. This one looks great...I am adding to my sidebar as well as my wishlist!

Thanks for the heads up!

Gwendolyn B. said...

Missy and Amy: I won't hound you to read these books -- yet! I'm saving all my persuasive arguments for my review! Just know that you're in for a treat!

G.

rhapsodyinbooks said...

This sounds so charming. And another beautiful book cover! Thanks for highlighting this book!

bermudaonion said...

That cover is stunning!

Booklogged said...

I have both her first books - bought them just the other day, but I still need to read them. Love the cover of her next book. Hopefully, I'll get the other two read before next March.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I've loved both her books. This one was initially to be published this fall, but a few months back they delayed it. disappointing to have to wait LOL

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I loved her first two books and really look forward to this one. Great pick!

Lisa said...

good thing it doesn't come out for a while--it will give me time to read Allen's first two books!

Icedream said...

Oooh, what a wonderful WOW choice! Of course I hate to have to wait for it but I love her books and it sounds like it will be worth the wait.

Katie said...

I loved Garden Spells, but have yet to read The Sugar Queen. This sounds like a great read as well. I just love the covers of her books!