Rules for entering this giveaway are at the bottom of this post.
THE IMPOSTOR'S DAUGHTER: A True Memoir
by Laurie Sandell
Little, Brown & Company
Category:BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY
Laurie Sandell grew up in awe (and sometimes in terror) of her larger-than-life father, who told jaw-dropping tales of a privileged childhood in Buenos Aires, academic triumphs, heroism during Vietnam, friendships with Kissinger and the Pope. As a young woman, Laurie unconsciously mirrors her dad, trying on several outsized personalities (Tokyo stripper, lesbian seductress, Ambien addict). Later, she lucks into the perfect job--interviewing celebrities for a top women's magazine. Growing up with her extraordinary father has given Laurie a knack for relating to the stars. But while researching an article on her dad's life, she makes an astonishing discovery: he's not the man he says he is--not even close. Now, Laurie begins to puzzle together three decades of lies and the splintered person that resulted from them--herself.
Can a memoir be referred to as a "graphic novel"? Can the serious issues of drug and alcohol addiction be dealt with in comic book form? Don't let the presentation fool you - this book is the real deal. Due to be released later this month, Hachette Book Group has generously offered to give away five (5) copies of this groundbreaking title to my readers so you can check it out for yourself.
RULES FOR ENTERING THE GIVEAWAY:• Leave a comment on this post telling me you would like to win. Include an email address with your comment so that I can contact you if you do win. Use a spam-thwarting format such as geebee.reads AT gmail DOT com or geebee.reads [at] gmail [dot] com.
• You must leave an email address in order to qualify. If I can't contact you, you can't win!
• You can earn an extra entry by being or becoming a Follower or Subscriber of this blog and telling me about it in a separate comment.
• Blog about this contest and provide me with the link to the post in a separate comment, and I'll give you yet another entry.
• Tweeting about this contest and providing me the link in a separate comment will get you one more entry.
• Stumble this blog, digg it, or technorati fave it and leave a separate comment for another entry.
• Winners must provide a U.S. or Canadian street address. Hachette is unable to deliver to PO Boxes.
• Deadline for entry is 12:00 midnight Sunday, July 26, 2009 EST.
• Winners will have 48 hours to respond to my email announcing that they have won; if I don't hear from a winner, I will draw another name.
Thank you to Anna
at Hachette Book Group
for making this giveaway possible.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.