Without a doubt, the best thing I found in my mailbox this week wasn't a book at all! It was Paddy! This cute little guy was handmade by Toni of A Circle of Books , and I was lucky enough to win him in her St. Patrick's Day Giveaway of GALWAY BAY by Mary Pat Kelly, which she hosted for Hachette Books. I really don't know what impresses me more -- the beautiful workmanship of Toni's creation, or her generousity in including him in the giveaway. So, thank you, Toni, thank you! As I told Toni, we are particularly fond of elephants at my house, and Paddy will be well-loved and cared for. I was hoping to post a photo of him with all of his new pachyderm friends, but my photographer is under the weather right now. This photo is from Toni's own blog. I'll post a new shot soon. Thanks again, Toni! You rock!
Here's a list of the books I was also lucky enough to find in my mailbox:
1. GALWAY BAY by Mary Pat Kelly (won from A Circle of Books)
2. ANGELS OF DESTRUCTION by Keith Donahue (through Shelf Awareness, for review)
3. MYSTERIES OF PITTSBURGH: A NOVEL by Michael Chabon (won from Library Love Fest)
4. THE RED LEATHER DIARY by Lily Koppel (through Book Club Girl, for discussion)
5. JIBBERWILLIES AT NIGHT by Rachel Vail (won from Young Adult (& Kids) Book Central)
6. SPICED by Dalia Jurgensen (through Shelf Awareness, for review - which shouldn't be long in coming - I've just about finished the book!)
Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page. Visit her site to participate and to find other bloggers' Mailbox Monday posts.