Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge

I'm joining the 2012 Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge hosted by Melissa at Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf.  This challenge includes any full length book with a witch as a main character or that includes major witchcraft elements. Fiction or non-fiction counts. I'm not really into the current vampire craze - an occasional vampire is O.K.; I absolutely cannot stomach (tee hee!) zombies; and I've no interest at all in werewolves. But I'm fascinated by witches - real and imagined. So I just had to join this challenge. I only own a couple of the books I've listed, but I want to read the others very much, so I'm this is one of my few exceptions to my personal challenge to read my own books for all the challenges I join. I'm starting at the lowest level, but I'll be surprised if I don't read more than 5 witch books this year.

Timeline: January 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012

Level: Initiate - Read 1 to 5 Witchy Books
1. A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES by Deborah Harkness

3. WITCHLANDERS by Lena Coakley 
4. THEWITCH'S DAUGHTER by Paula Brackston
5. WITCH HUNT by Devlin O'Branagan


bermudaonion said...

Good luck!

Melissa said...

So glad that you are joining!!

Wall-to-wall books said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH _ this translates into - I love this challenge!
Ok, this will have to be one I look into.

Wall-to-wall books said...

I read "A Discovery of Witches" its excellent!
Have not read the others, adding them to my list now, LOL.

Zibilee said...

You will LOVE A Discovery of Witches! One of the best books I read last year! Good Luck!