Monday, April 12, 2010

Mailbox Monday: April 12, 2010


Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page. If you'd like to join in, stop by Marcia's and leave a link - or just browse through the comments to see what new books have been showing up.

What's in your mailbox?

I have to admit, I'm pretty bowled over by the riches that I found in my mailbox this past week. I wouldn't have known where to begin except that on Friday night, I was really angry about something and seeing red. So my reading choice was obvious!

BLOOD OATH
by Christopher Farnsworth
An ARC for review from G.P. Putnam's Sons

Vampires, zombies, politicians! Oh my!  I think this one is going to be BIG!
I read it over the weekend, and rate it 5 fangy stars of fun! It was a great choice for getting my mind off my troubles and provided edge-of-my-seat suspense as well as chuckles. Oh, and btw, the author is a screenwriter, and we all know what that means . . .


The other titles I received are much more serious fare and they all look so good . . .




STILL MISSING
by Chevy Stevens
an ARC for review from Macmillan






GIRL IN TRANSLATION
by Jean Kwok
for review from G.P. Putnam/Riverhead








BROKEN GLASS PARK
by Alina Bronsky
for review from Penguin



THE EYES OF WILLIE McGEE
by Alex Heard
an ARC for review from Harper Collins






LADY OF THE BUTTERFLIES
by Fiona Mountain (Don't you just love her name?!)
an ARC for review G.P. Putnam/Riverhead







Thank you to the publishers and publicists for providing these to me for review.

9 comments:

bermudaonion said...

You had a nice week! Girl in Translation looks especially appealing to me. Enjoy!

Suko said...

You certainly have a wonderful "mailbox"! Enjoy your new books. :)

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

Great mailbox! All of your books sound like they are good reads!

fredamans said...

WOW! Great week! I look forward to a few of those reviews.

avisannschild said...

What a great week! I'm currently reading Pale as the Dead by Fiona Mountain, which is her second book, and loving it. I hadn't even heard of Lady of the Butterflies. Enjoy!

Zibilee said...

I just got a copy of Blood Oath and Girl In Translation so I will be excited to hear what you think of them before I read them!

librarypat said...

There are some interesting books there.
How on earth do you find the time to read them all and write reviews?

Passages to the Past said...

Oooohh I am SO jealous over Lady of the Butterflies! I've been lusting after that one for a while.

Happy Ready Gwen!

Anna said...

I also received Still Missing. Enjoy your new books!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric